Friday, May 21, 2021

Chapter 7: One Step at a Time

When I paint my nails, I don't think about how I'm going to have to paint all ten nails and then go back over them all and paint all ten again with a second coat. I just start painting them without over-thinking it. 

That's the same approach you have to have with weight loss and exercise. You have to take one meal, one workout at a time. You can't focus on the fact that you have lots of stubborn weight to lose and/or a half hour of grueling cardio to get through.

Getting too far ahead of yourself will only discourage you during this long process.


It's the same with how approach writing a book. I don't think about the 75,000 words I need to write, I just start writing the first word, then the first sentence, then the first page. The rest will come later.

If you only look at the big picture, and focus too much on the end goal, it's too damn daunting. Don't put that kind of unnecessary pressure on yourself. Focus on one moment at a time and the years will take care of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment