Thursday, July 22, 2021

64 oz. Water Challenge

I’m not a big water drinker. Hubby calls me a camel because I can sip on a small glass of water all day and be fine with it.

I’m rarely thirsty and drinking excess water seemed unnecessary to me.

BUT everywhere you look, everyone is telling you to drink more water. Getting enough H2O is supposed to help you lose weight along with a whole list of other things.

So, I decided to accept the challenge and drink at least 64 ounces of water everyday.

I was skeptical, but hey, this has been the year for completing challenges and doing health experiments on myself, so I gave it a try.

How did the week go? Well, drinking water now feels like a full time job and I spend most of my day running back and forth from the bathroom. Luckily I work from home or else there’s no way I’d be able to keep this up.

Other than that, I haven’t noticed any difference in the way I feel.

And then I GOT ON THE SCALE. In 7 days, without making any other changes to my diet or exercise, I lost 2 pounds. That is huge for me! I was so surprised and couldn’t believe my eyes.

So now I guess I’ve got to keep with it and provide my body with the water it needs to function, something I should have been doing all along…


Day 1

Water: 64 oz.

Tea: 32 oz.


Day 2

Water: 64 oz.

Tea: 16 oz.


Day 3

Water: 64 oz.

Tea: 16 oz.


Day 4

Water: 80 oz.

Tea: 32 oz.


Day 5

Water: 80 oz.


Day 6

Water: 80 oz.

Tea: 16 oz.


Day 7

Water: 80 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment