Monday, July 26, 2021

Chapter 18: Me, Myself & I

Losing weight forces you to get real comfortable with yourself. During those times when you don't have any calories left for the day, you're left to simply be with yourself without the distraction of food.

When you aren't able to eat your feelings  because you're moving into  a healthier lifestyle for yourself, you're  left to actually process those feelings.

Junk food isn't your friend anymore. Yeah, it can be scary, but hiding at the bottom of a bag of cookies isn't who you really are.

Making friends with yourself is the only choice you have left. Start treating yourself the way you'd treat your best friend. Stop punishing yourself with bad choices. Take care of yourself. Because, at the end of the day, you are the one you spend the most time with.


My relationship with food has changed so much during these last few months of my weight loss journey!

I don’t eat simply because I’m bored/depressed/whatever anymore.

Now I eat to give my body the vitamins and nutrients it needs to function.

How freeing it is to take control!

No comments:

Post a Comment